"rudeness personified"

About: St George's Hospital (Tooting) (London)

Upon discharge from the ward on level 2 to a ward on level 3, the nurse who was too busy faffing about in a large loud voice asked in front of other patients and nurses if I had been to the loo and if I had passed any stools......patient confidentiality gone amiss big time!! This on top of how disrespected hurt and disappointed I felt after my surgeons blatant lack of patient care or logic. What more do I need to do to get the answers I need...... is falling over with no balance lack of sight in one eye and the inability to function on a normal level because of my condition not good enough? Anyone????

Response from St George's Hospital (Tooting)

We are sorry to read of your experience. If you would like to talk to the service about your experience and if you have not done so already, then please contact the PAL Service at pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk or on 020 8725 2453 where staff will see what they can do to help. By contacting the staff in PALS you can have your concerns looked into by the matron and manager of the service. We would want to have the opportunity to look into the service you are receiving, we certainly do not want patients to to be treated with disrespect. If you do not want to contact PALS please ask to speak to the Senior Sister in Charge of the ward or the matron. Your comments will be sent to the matron and manager in neurosurgery.

Response from St George's Healthcare NHS Trust