"Failure to heed vital information."

About: Queen's Medical Centre

I am acting on behalf of my husband who is in a coma. I'm disgusted with the complete failure of staff to liaise with immediate family and failing to listen to vital information which would never have ended him now dying slowly. I'm furious with the Emergency Department doctors and, staff on Ward D57 and C53. I hold you all responsible for your attitudes towards my husband. He was well cared for at home. Hospitals often fail in caring correctly and appear to disregard relatives as paranoid! It's an outrageous way to deal with people.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

We are very sorry to hear of your distress over your husband's condition and your feelings about his treatment at our hospital. We understand this must be a very difficult time for you, but we would greatly appreciate your help in identifying exactly what has happened and to investigate any concerns you may have.

Please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) by email at PALS@nuh.nhs.uk or by telephone on 0800 183 0204 if you would like to talk further about your experience.