"Two year old son operation ear, nose and throat"

About: Princess Alexandra Hospital (Harlow)

My two year old son had to have a operation he was admitted to the day stay unit and I am very happy with the care and treatment received. He was admitted to a very friendly children's section with only 5 beds. We was introduced to everyone there. When my son went down for his operation I got upset and I was comforted by the nurses there. Once out of the operation my son was in recovery he found it quite upsetting and became quite distressed but the staff there put me at ease and helped my son as best they could. Once back on the ward he was monitored extremely well and we couldn't of asked for more. I just want to say thank you to the staff and nurses who looked after my son on the children's part of the day stay unit you made our stay there a pleasant and easy one. Thank you :)

Response from Shahid Sardar, Head of Patient Engagement, Patient Safety and Quality, The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust

Dear Charley,

Thank you. It is always a pleasure to read positive comments about the care provided, especially as we know the teams are working hard to respond positively in an increasingly challenging environment. I will ensure your thanks are passed on to the teams who were responsible for your son's care.

Please do remember we can always be contacted should you have a concern on 01279 827084.

Response from Princess Alexandra Hospital

Dear Charley, Thank you. It is always a pleasure to read positive comments about the care provided, especially as we know our teams are working hard to respond positively in an increasingly challenging environment. I will ensure your thanks are passed on to the teams who were responsible for your son's care. Please do remember we can always be contacted should you have a concern on 01279 827084, ask to speak to the Patient Experience Team.