"Cardiac Care"

About: Heartlands Hospital

I was admitted to Ward 6 of Heartlands in November 2013 following a heart attack. I was greeted with a peck on the cheek by the sister on duty; I thought, I'm going to like it here. My care was unbelievably good and everyone involved from the cleaners to the consultants not only worked extraordinarily hard, but all of them did so with a smile. Even when they went above and beyond. I went back as a day case at the end of January to have a third stent inserted and it was as if I hadn't left. It was a joy to meet the staff who had cared for me previously as well as some that I had not seen before. Thankfully I had my procedure done before lunch so I was able to partake once again in excellent food. My advice to anyone thinking about having a heart attack; don't have one, but if you do, make sure you get repaired at Heartlands.

Response from Iona Belgrove, Patient Services Manager, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Ross Hart

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to email your feedback regarding your experience at Heartlands Hospital on ward 6.

I have forward your compliment to ward 6 staff and General Manager who I know will be thrilled.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery