"I was not given any time to think about the options"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

At a recent appointment I don’t think I saw a consultant, I think it was a physiotherapist. 4 treatment options were put forward, two were immediately discounted and of the other two I really felt that I was being guided towards the option he wanted.

I was not given any time to think about the options or the opportunity to talk it over with someone else and now feel that I have made the wrong decision.

My knees are very painful and do not function, I feel that there are more and more delays being put in front of me and decisions I do not feel I can control.

Response from Derek Barron, Associate Nurse Director, Mental Health Services, NHS Ayrshire and Arran

Tangy49, I'm sorry to hear of your experience with us. Can I ask you to email our Patient Opinion Co-ordinator (Kate.MacDonald@aapct.scot.nhs.uk) with where in the hospital you were seen and when; that way Kate can follow up directly with the team involved.

In the meantime I will pass on your comments to Billy McClean who is the Associate Director for Allied Health Professionals - I know Billy will be disappointed that this was your experience and want to look into it.

Response from Kate MacDonald, Business Coordinator & Office Manager (interim), Nurse Directorate, NHS Ayrshire and Arran, NHS Ayrshire and Arran

Dear Tangy49

Further to Derek's response to you, I just wanted to 'introduce' myself to you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kate Macdonald