"I’m still basking in the excellent service I received"

About: South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Emergency ambulance South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / NHS 111

I had a severe asthma attack on Saturday which really frightened me. I’m in my eighties and these things can be very distressing for older people. I called the 111 service to get help, Ben, who took the call was really on the ball and very, very helpful. He sent a paramedic to see me.

A lovely young man, John Nugent, the paramedic, was the best person ever, I cannot praise him highly enough. This gentleman was very kind, very reassuring and exceptionally professional. I had just finished antibiotics for a chest infection and a call on Friday left me feeling very agitated, this may have triggered the asthma attack. Now, I’m still basking in the excellent service I received.

I feel very privileged to be living in a country and in an area where the health care service is so good.

Dear Twin282

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope you are recovering from your asthma attack.

It is always rewarding to hear that our staff are continuing to provide an excellent service to our patients when they need us most.

I will pass your thanks onto Ben and John.

Thank you again for providing feedback on our services.