"Nothing is too much trouble for the caring staff and volunteers who work here"

About: John Eastwood Hospice, day care/in care

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

I have recently spent a week in the John Eastwood Hospice where I was given respite care as a cancer patient. I am now attending the weekly Day Care sessions. During these times I cannot speak highly enough of the excellent level of care and kindness shown by all members of staff and volunteers. I was also extremely impressed by the way that the staff and volunteers made each patient feel (as though they really mattered). This is very important as it makes patients feel good about themselves. Also it boosts morale and helps patients to maintain positive attitudes towards their illness. Nothing needs to change. the hospice is well run and organised. Nothing is too much trouble for the caring staff and volunteers who work here.

Response from Gill Goodwin, General Manager for Newark and Sherwood, Newark & Sherwood Locality, County Health Partnerships

Thank you so much for your comments. We will make sure staff and volunteers are aware of them. We appreciate you taking the time to give such positive feedback.