"Back to basics"

About: William Harvey Hospital

My first granddaughter was born yesterday at the WHH and the care my daughter received in the delivery suite was second to none,Nothing was too much trouble from the nursing staff to the ancillary staff cleaning and delivering the meals. I would like to send special thanks to the student midwife. I was however somewhat shocked when they were moved to Folkestone ward at the standard of cleanliness! I moved the bed curtains and the bedside locker as my daughter had lost her slipper and was very surprised to see thick dust hiding behind them both, This was dirt that had obviously accumulated over a period of time and wasn't something that had just been left for a day.This is a ward for new born babies who are vulnerable to infection, I wont be happy now until they are both home, This standard of cleanliness is totally unacceptable.

Thank you very much for providing us with very constructive feedback about the dust you found, I am very sorry and value your feedback. We have been working hard to improve the standards of cleaning with the provider of the service, and I agree this is not the standard we would expect. The provider of the service will receive your feedback.

On a happier note, I am very pleased to see that you are happy with the care we are providing to your daughter and that all went well for you all. I will ensure that the midwives and staff involved receive your feedback - we are very proud of the service they provide. Enjoy your grand-daughter, you must be very proud of your daughter.