"Life savers, literally."

About: Bristol Royal Hospital For Children

l. We have been here 5 months now and I felt I had to write this in defence of an amazing hospital, and the staff here. My son is very poorly, and from our first examinations to our current treatment I cannot fault any part of the service . Yes we had to wait for him to be seen. Yes, the waiting room was noisy etc. Yes, like any large organisation sometimes mistakes are made. But, without a doubt, without their treatment and intervention I would not be lucky enough to be sitting next to my son as I write this. We see ourselves as incredibly lucky that we live in the UK and have access to the service. We hope that our son will come out of this in one piece. I can say without hesitation that this hospital has given us the best possible care and chance of a future with him, and we will be forever grateful to all the staff involved in his care for giving us hope, and a fighting chance.

Response from Bristol Royal Hospital For Children

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience on NHS Choices - we will pass your comments on to the staff at the Bristol Royal Hospital for Children.