"Princess Elizabeth Ward"

About: King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill)

I attended A&E with my 1 year old daughter who was not eating or drinking and had a temperature, we was seen by the triage nurse within 10 minutes and directed straight to a cubicle. The staff were really reassuring and friendly and kept us up to date on any information they had. We was transferred up to Princess Elizabeth Ward late at night and was shown around and given paperwork to complete in my own time after settling my daughter. Only concern was the agency nurse looking after us could not re-start my daughters fluids as she didnt know how and I had to keep asking her to take my daughters urine sample away to be sent for tests. The nurse in charge was rushed off his feet covering the roles the agency staff could not complete but remained friendly and polite even when waking me up at 130am to take my daughter to x-ray. Our daytime nurse was so good with my daughter, thank you so much!!! Only other downside was waiitng 5-6 hours for our TTA's to come up so we could leave.

Response from King's College Hospital (Denmark Hill)

Thank you for your comments, both positive and constructively critical regarding the areas that we can improve on.