"Virtual Ward: Reassured by this thoughtful service"

About: Huddersfield Royal Infirmary / General medicine Locala Community Partnerships CIC / Health visiting

My Mother was discharged from the Huddersfield Royal Infirmary about two weeks ago, a few days later she had a visit from someone from the Virtual Ward. This is a service provided after a person has been discharged to provide support at home to prevent re-admission.

The people from Virtual Ward explained the service they provide, assessed my Mother’s needs and arranged for equipment to be provided for her. They also organized a visit from the pharmacist to go through her medication with her. My Mother was given contact details for the Virtual Ward in case she had any questions or needed further support.

People discharged from Hospital can feel abandoned when they return home so this is an excellent follow up service. My Mother and I both feel supported and reassured by this thoughtful service.

Response from Linda Thomas, Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your kind words and feed back. We are glad you hear that both your mother and yourself felt well supported, we hope she is recovering well.

Response from Louise Thornton, Customer Engagement Manager , Adults Planned and Health and Wellbeing Business Unit, Locala Community Partnerships

Thank you Shell34 for taking the time to let us know your thoughts after your Mothers’ recent visits from the Virtual Ward Service.

I’m pleased to hear that your Mother felt reassured after their input. The Virtual Ward is a new and developing service so all feedback is very welcome.

I will pass on your positive comments to the team.

Emma Bartlett