"Doctor has done everything possible to help resolve issues"

About: Ayr Hospital / Urology

I have been to see Dr Rutherford for the past 6 months, he is exceptional, absolutely fantastic. Following a prostate operation some time ago Dr Rutherford everything possible to help resolve other issues I was having, he could not have been better.

I was always seen on time, sometimes earlier than my appointment.

Parking at the hospital is always a problem so I try and get there early, so sometimes I get to the waiting room before my appointment time. On these occasions I’m called in early to see the doctor rather than being kept waiting.

On my final appointment Dr Rutherford said if I ever had any problems in the future then I should go back to him straight away – can’t get better than that!

Response from Kate MacDonald, Business Coordinator & Office Manager (interim), Nurse Directorate, NHS Ayrshire and Arran, NHS Ayrshire and Arran

Dear Shrub862

Thank you so much for using Patient Opinion to tell us about the fabulous care you have received under Dr Rutherford. I will be passing your posting directly onto him and I am quite sure he will be very touched by your comments.

On the subject of parking, I quite agree, it can be a challenge to find a space in one of our three car parks at University Hospital Ayr, as our hospital has so much going on. You are quite wise to give yourself plenty of time, thus reducing the stress of potentially being late for your appointment.

I was really happy to read that on the occasions you were early you were seen really quickly.

The NHS is indeed here for us all, which has been reassuring for myself and my own family at times and you know that Dr Rutherford will be happy to see you if you need him at all in the future.

I will also be passing your posting onto the Health Care Manager who covers Urology, to share with the wider team.

I wish you well Shrub862