"The whole process was very smooth and straightforward"

About: Ayr Hospital / Ophthalmology

I had an appointment with Dr Ingalls for a checkup following eye surgery a year past December. I have glaucoma, Dr Ingalls has looked after me very and has been superb.

I had a full eye test to start with and then saw the doctor, the whole process was very smooth and straightforward.

The only problem is the parking at Ayr hospital!

Response from Kate MacDonald, Business Coordinator & Office Manager (interim), Nurse Directorate, NHS Ayrshire and Arran, NHS Ayrshire and Arran

Dear Game755

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about the care you received under Dr Inglis, at the Ophthalmology Clinic at University Hospital Ayr.

Our Ophthalmology Department are a great team and you are not the first, nor the last I am sure, to tell us about it! Thank you, Dr Inglis will be very grateful to receive your posting when I send it to him and to the Health Care Manager who covers this area of medicine as well.

I am really sorry about the parking situation, I can sympathise. We have three car parks at University Hospital Ayr and the best solution we can give at the moment is to give yourself as much time as possible before your appointment time to find that space.

I hope you are keeping well Game755 and you know we are here if you need us.

Kate

Kate Macdonald

Patient Opinion Coordinator

NHS Ayrshire an Arran

Dear Game755

Dr Inglis was delighted to receive your posting, he said that it's always nice to receive positive feedback from patients and that he was glad that you were happy with your care.

With regards to the parking situation at University Hospital Ayr, we had news this week that work is beginning to provide an additional 47 car parking spaces. Please visit the NHS Ayrshire and Arran website for more information: http://www.nhsaaa.net/media-centre/press-releases-2014/march-2014/110314work.aspx