"Eye department, cataract service"

About: Ashford Hospital

Referred July 2013, seen locally (Hounslow) by consultant, placed on waiting list. First operation October 2013, having had a pre op assessment a few days before. Post op appt agreed on the evening of the surgery. Second op scheduled for January as I was unavailable until then. I caught a severe cold the day before I was due for the second op. I rang to cancel and received a new admission date within two days. Every appointment time I was seen on time or earlier. I got full explanations from all members of staff of what was happening, onward treatment and how to make contact if I had any problems. From medical, nursing and admin staff I received friendly, polite, empathetic care and consideration. Overall the whole experience was exemplary.

Response from Ashford Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences of our ophthalmology services at Ashford. We are pleased to hear that you received such prompt, professional treatment and that we were able to re-shedule your opearation so quickly. We hope you have now made a good recovery. Best wishes.