"Parking fine"

About: Wansbeck Hospital / Maternity care

I have received a parking fine when visiting my new granddaughter in Wansbeck hospital.

I parked my car in front of the Maternity day entrance, ( I didn't know it was only a day entrance) any way I went to the nearest machine and tried three or four times to pay for one hours parking but each time the money was rejected.

I then looked around for the nearest other machine which is around the corner on the way to the main entrance at the front of the hospital only to find an out of order sign on the front of the machine.

My wife and I then walked back to the maternity day entrance only to find it was locked, so we walked around the front to the main entrance looking to see if there were any more ticket machines but couldn't see any and since it was a very cold and windy night I wasn't prepared to walk around the hospital grounds looking for a working machine, so we went and visited our granddaughter.

I am fully prepared to pay for the parking charge but not for a fine I deem to be unfair. If anybody would like to check the cctv if there is any then my story will be confirmed and I will assist in giving exact location of parking to assist in identifying relevant cameras so images can be checked to verify my story.

This is a true statement of the facts as occurred that night and any help you can give me would be appreciated I await your response.

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust We are preparing to make a change

Dear Bazzz,

Firstly congratulations on the birth of your new Granddaughter - hope Mum and baby are doing well.

I am really sorry for any frustration you experienced trying to pay for your parking during your visit to Wansbeck Hospital. I understand you arrived fully intending to pay and clearly went to some effort to try and do so. I do need a few details from you in order to try and help, so I would be grateful if you would get in touch with me directly. My email is annie.laverty@nhct.nhs.uk

I am sure we will be able to get this matter resolved. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Best wishes,

Annie

Update posted by Bazzz (a relative)

I will be in touch Annie thankyou

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust We have made a change

Dear Bazzz,

Just to update you that the outcome of this. The Trust has made an important change and reached an agreement which will result in the termination of the management contract with Parking Eye on all Northumbria premises.

I hope this provides you with some assurance of our determination to listen and respond to the needs of our patients and the local people we serve.

With all best wishes,