"Thorough investigation"

About: National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery, Queen Square / Neurology Southampton General Hospital / Neurology

My wife suffered a series of seizures and odd neurological symptoms over a 3 month period, there was some deficit and a slow recovery.

Because little was found and the picture was confusing as to what was wrong we were essentially fobbed off by our local neurologist.

We requested a second opinion( which went down really well, not! ) and were referred to Queens Square. After a proper history taking by Dr Leff, where he listened, with very few interruptions, my wife was booked in for a 3 day battery of tests to exclude the possibility of MS (which her mother had).

The tests and scans found no sinister cause for her fits and now she is back to normal with her driving licence back.

I cannot emphasize enough how reassuring Dr Leff was. He listened. He looked. And he gave a clinical opinion. There are many neurologists who could learn a lot from this chap.

Response from National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery, Queen Square

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're so pleased you were happy with the care and attention you received and will feed this back.