"Fobbed off by A&E"

About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital

I took my 3 year old son to A&E with an unexplained limp. The doctor I saw examined him and said there was nothing wrong and sent us home with no further instructions. No tests, no option to see another doctor just sent home. 3 days later he is getting worse and we are having to have blood tests and x rays done at our doctors which will take a week for the results to come back. These tests should have been done in A&E and had the results there and then. The doctor was rude and unsympathetic to how worried I was as a mother! This hospital is a joke, this is one in a long list of bad experiences!!

Response from Paul Jebb, Assistant Director of Nursing (patient experience), Clinical Governance, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for sharing your experience of your care and treatment at Blackpool Victoria Hospital.

I am sorry to hear that you were disatissfied with the way you were treated by a Doctor in our Emergency Department and would urge you to contact a member of our Patient Relations Team on 01253 655588 so that we can look into this matter for you.

I will also be passing this comment onto the department so they can act upon this vital feedback.

Paul Jebb