"Very impressed with care of 18 month old"

About: Good Hope Hospital

We arrived by ambulance to the child's A and E department and was impressed by the friendly and helpful nature of the staff nurse and doctor on duty. We were also taken care of by a 'liaison' officer (not sure that is her job title) who made us toast and brought us some drinks. Very much appreciated. We were moved upstairs to the ward for observation for our 18 month old son. The attitude from the junior doctor, doctor and consultant was very impressive. The attitude from the nurses on the ward who, while they were very competent, could have been a bit friendlier. It also would have helped if we were informed that we had to stay for observation for 6 hours. Minor gripes I admit. Please accept my thanks and gratitude in what was a worrying time, made easier by the professionalism and positive attitude from those who helped and advised.

Response from Iona Belgrove, Patient Services Manager, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Ian K

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write about your experience at Good Hope Hospital. I have forward your compliment to the manager who looks after the ED.

I have taken on board your comments regarding the nursing staff and I have informed the Head Nurse. Please accept my sincere apologies for the experience.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery to your baby son

Iona

Response from Good Hope Hospital

Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your feedback and comments on NHS Choices website, this website also feeds into the Patient Opinion website, www.patientopinion.org.uk which is viewed daily by the Trust and a response to your posting will be available here. If you are unable to view the response and would like to discuss further please do not hestitate to contact us (Patient Services on 0121 424 0808) alternatively on www.patientservices@heartofengland.nhs.uk Kind regards Patient Services Department