"The birth of my daughter"

About: Scottish Ambulance Service / Emergency Ambulance

I went into labour very quickly in May last year and we knew we wouldn't be able to get to hospital in time. My partner dialled 999 and an ambulance was on its way - they came through the door, just as my daughter arrived.

The person on the phone was directing my partner very well, he was a bit flustered to say the least! And I've never had to call an ambulance before and the two guys who arrived were brilliant, they delivered my daughter and took us all into hosital, I think they even stayed a bit longer to make sure we were ok.

I'd like them to know that my daughter, who is now 9 months old, is a gorgeous and very happy little girl and I can't thank them enough for their help in making sure she arrived safely.

Response from Daniel Quee, Communications Assistant, Scottish Ambulance Service

Dear littleludo,

Many thanks for your kind message, I'm really glad to hear that your daughter is doing so well. I'm sure that the team would really appreciate to hear about your feedback and I'd be more than happy to pass it on if I could just find out a few details. Please can you email me your address and the date your daughter was born so I can get in touch with them - my email is danielquee@nhs.net. Once again, many thanks for sharing your story.

Kind Regards,