"Out of Hours Care for a baby"

About: Western General Hospital / Minor Injuries Clinic

(as a parent/guardian),

Although many of the stories on here are about bad experiences, I just wanted to thank all the NHS Lothian staff at the acute out of hours clinic at the Western General Hospital. We had to attend last night with our poorly 19 month old little girl and they were all brilliant.

We were seen quickly by a very sympathetic doctor, and during the short wait, all the reception and nursing staff were very kind to our little girl. Happily it was nothing too serious, and were able to take her home with some eye drops, but it meant so much to us for our little girl to be treated so nicely and it was a credit to the staff that they were able to perform so well late on a Sunday evening.

Response from Stuart Wilson, Director of Communications and Public Affairs, NHS Lothian

Dear Steviant

Thank you sincerely for taking time out to pass on such wonderful feedback about your time at the Minor Injuries Clinic.

The treatment and care of patients is our absolute top priority and I am pleased to see that was the case for your daughter. We appreciate that taking such a young child into hospital must have been a very anxious time for you all and I am glad that our excellent staff were able to take such good care of you.

I hope your daughter has fully recovered from her ordeal.

I will pass on your kind comments to the team concerned.

• steviant thinks this response is helpful