"Excellent Maternity care"

About: Wexham Park Hospital

My first baby was born at Wexham Park in August last year, it's just taken me a while to write this review. When I went into labour my care began on the Isis birthing centre where I used the birthing pool which was fantastic. Unfortunately I didn't get the natural birth I had hoped for and I had to transfer to the labour ward where my baby was born via Ventouse. After the birth I was haemorrhaging so had to go to theatre. I was told I would need to stay in 4 days so was hoping to be discharged on the Sunday, but due to a lack of doctors available to give me the ok (a locum doctor finally came to see me at 9pm on the Sunday evening), I had to wait until Monday morning, by that time I was exhausted and at the point of self discharge. As my iron levels were dropping one of the doctors discussed the option of me having a blood transfusion, but as I was feeling well I decided not to on her recommendations. I later discovered from one of the midwives that the doctor wrote in my notes that I had refused! Those are my only negative points. The care we received by the midwives and doctors was fantastic and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Hospital to other expectant mums.

Response from Wexham Park Hospital

Thank you for giving us your feedback and that, on the whole, the care you received when your baby was born was fantastic. We will ensure this is shared with the maternity team, which will undoubtedly be gratefully received. We hope that you and baby are doing well.