"I left feeling very humiliated!"

About: Maidstone District General Hospital

I am chocked and dissapointed at the treatment i got from the staff at Maidstone hospital! I was referred there by my gp for a blood test because of low white bloodcell account after a 3 months negleted (by gp) illness. I was told it was going to be a quick procedure and i arrived there with my 5 year old son since i had no babysitter. I was completely neglected and humiliated by the staff in front of my child! My test had to be done twice due to incompetence and then i spent 3 1/2 hours waiting for a test result while 5 different nurses came into the room i was closed in, not once asking how i felt but to have me do paperwork! When the doctor finally came she was rude and interrupted my every sentence and was more interested in a scar on my back that i was asked to undress and show again to a consultant only to be told it never had anything to do with my illness! i felt like a side show at acircus! And after trying to tell everyone about my panic dissorder caused by hospitals and being met by a stone wall and asked if i had been drinking? i self discharged. I am still in shock and the space here isn't enough.

Response from Maidstone District General Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent experience at Maidstone Hospital. We were very disappointed to learn of your dissatisfaction, especially how this episode made you feel. If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 01622 224960 or email us on mtwpals@nhs.net where a member of staff will be happy to help. Kind regards, The PALS Team.