"Horrendous, accused of lying by a consultant"

About: Springfield University Hospital

Truly horrendous experience. I am a professional who becomes very well between episodes. Accused of "acting" to achieve a label of bipolar. I don't want any label and that diagnosis has a bigger impact (DVLA etc job entries) Really upsetting and I am still recovering. I made a complaint, the consultant denied everything of course. The trust apologised, but the consultant did not. That experience haunts me.

Response from Victoria Gregory, Patient Experience Manager, South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for your posting. I am sorry I have not responded to sooner, I have only just become a responder on the site.

Best wishes

Victoria

Response from Springfield University Hospital

Thank you very much for your feedback and I am sorry for the lengthy delay in responding to you. We now have a new Patient Experience Team developing feedback mechanisms and we will be responding to all reviews in a timely manner as we want to act positively to make improvements to our services. I am the Patient Experience Manager and manage the team that investigates, resolves and respond to complaints. I am very grateful for you taking the time to feedback your experience, although I am very sorry for any experience that you feel haunts you. I would be grateful if you would be please contact me on complaintsmanager@swlstg-tr.nhs.uk or 020 3513 5520 with your name so that I can review your complaint to see if anything else I can do to help.