About: Princess Royal University Hospital / Gynaecology

Sent to A and E Princess Royal Bromley Kent by GP after bleeding for a month. Private scan showed retained products.

A consultant gynecologist informed me that private scans are not worth the paper they are written on, it is normal to bleed for a month it is called a period and said I was wasting his time and should see the mental health team as I had high anxiety.

A nurse pitied me and carried out a blood test this confirmed I had pregnancy hormones but by then I was home and had another huge bleed with large clots and fainted. They carried a scan the next day and my womb was empty. Another consultant confirmed that I miscarried

Response from Ruth Bender Atik, National Director, The Miscarriage Association

Dear MrsPear

I'm sorry to read about your miscarriage. It is particularly sad to read of the way you were treated by the first consultant you saw during your miscarriage. You were expecting a professional and helpful response and instead you were dismissed and your concerns made light of at what might have been a very stressful time for you. Perhaps you will consider making a formal complaint about this consultant - even if only to make him think about future interactions with patients.

Wishing you gentler times ahead.

• MrsPear thinks this response is helpful