"Why does the service not run in to the afternoon?"

About: Community Health Services / Phlebotomy

My Health Centre regularly requests that I have certain blood tests.

In the past, at the Park House Clinic, these have always been on a first come/first served basis.

There is always a queue of up to twenty people waiting their tests.

This is now being changed to an appointment only service.

But the hours available are not being changed, so I see no improvement happening.

Being disabled I find that I am unable to walk from the allocated blue/badge parking spaces to the Park House clinic entrance.

As Doctors surgeries are being requested to enlarge their hours of service, why cannot the Phlebotomy service at the Park House Clinic also now offer an enlarged “Hours of Service” provision?

As the present service closes at 11: 45 in the morning, a very busy time of the day at this Clinic; why cannot this service continue into the afternoon, when parking spaces become little more freely available?

Response from Jacqui Sellek, PALS Coordinator, 5 Boroughs Partnership NHS Trust

Dear Kettle836

Thank you for your posting and comments about our phlebotomy service. Phlebotomy services are provided at several different venues across the Knowsley Borough. We would welcome the opportunity of discussing with you how the services are organised and how we can help with your particular concerns.

Please call the Patient Advise & Liaison Service (PALS) on 01925 6634014 if you would like to discuss the matter further.

With kind regards