"The registrar in A&E who cared ..."

About: Warrington Hospital

The registrar in A&E who cared for my grandfather was very professional and had a kind and caring manner.

More pillows - I was told that there were no spare pillows - in a hospital?

Nursing staff - rude on several occasions. The unit was not particularly busy, and the nurses conversation about what they would be wearing on their next night out was heard by all. As a visitor of an elderley sick patient, you have to be very pushy to get things done.

I would like to see more communication between staff and patients as we had to continuously ask what my grandfathers plan of care was and we did not know who was the responsible nurse for him either.

I observed several staff on numerous occasions wandering in and out of the A&E unit (majors) and from patient to patient without washing their hands. Doctors wore long sleeved shirts and nurses had their hair not tied back and hanging down on their collars.

Response from Warrington Hospital

Thank you for your comments. We will ensure they are passed on to the team at the hospital. We do have a clear uniform and hadwashing policy which is regularly audited by our matrons so we are continually working to improve standards all the time - we will ensure that they raise these issues with their teams.