"Excellent care and reassurance provided"

About: York Hospital

I came in for an induction at York Hospital and can honestly say that the standard of care that I received was excellent. The midwives in all areas of the maternity department were friendly and kept me well informed of each stage. In the end I had to have a forceps delivery but the staff were so reassuring both in theatre and on the labour ward (including a very calming student midwife). I would also like to mention how amazing the post natal staff were, particularly in the middle of the night when I was still recovering and needed help breastfeeding. They made me feel very welcome and happy to help with anything. I would definitely recommend the service and would like to thank everyone for all of their help. If you are due to have a baby in York Hospital then you are in good hands.

Response from York Hospital

Thank you very much for your posting. Your comments have been passed to the teams concerned. We are pleased that your visit to us was very positive; our aim is to provide a high standard of service which reflects the needs of patients.