"A critical time in my life made good by the..."

About: Freeman Hospital

I was transferred from Wansbeck hospital to the Freeman on Sunday Dec 22nd due to the heart infection endocarditis and a declining kidney function. I was first one into theatre on Monday 23rd. The surgical team could not repair my heart valves so I had a new mitral valve and new aortic valve fitted. After the operation and the recovery time where i was kept until boxing day (excellently i might add) i was then placed on ward 25 where i was looked after until January 6th 2014 and then transferred back to Wansbeck to continue anti biotic drip treatment. All in all i can only say that my time at the Freeman was a pleasure ( is that the right word ? ) i didn't worry about a thing because i knew i was in safe hands. So to all the staff of ward 25, the surgeon and his team and even the on site hairdresser who cut my hair a big thank you for looking after me, nothing was ever any trouble.

Response from Freeman Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comments and kind words on NHS Choices about your recent stay in the Freeman Hospital. We are very pleased that you felt safe and supported by all of the staff involved in your care. Your comments have been passed onto the teams of staff that you mention who will be greatly appreciative of your feedback. Thank you once and again and please accept our best wishes for your continued recovery.