"slipping of the bed in the morning overbalanced..."

About: St Peter's Hospital (Chertsey)

I was dressing in the morning when I overbalanced and in trying to recover dislocated my left hip resulting in a lot of pain Idid not know what had happened , Mwife and I managed to get down stairs so I could sit and wait for the pain to subside, but it did'nt so the paramedics were called who checked me over pretty thoroughly and called an ambulance and was taken to St Peters hospital where I was again checked over it was at this point I was made aware that my hip was dislocated to me this sounded very bad as early in december I had, had a new hip and though that I was about to have a long setback I think the sister and the rest of the staff were very aware that I was nervous that the pain was about to be as painful as putting the joint together and probably lasting for several hours it was'nt. it did'nt. Sister oversaw the event most satisfactory and I must be a bit more careful. stars 5 not enough!

Response from St Peter's Hospital

Dear Jim, we are very pleased to hear that you were happy with the care provided in our A&E department and felt reassured by our sister and the other staff. We hope your hip has recovered and you are feeling well. Many thanks for your comments - we have passed them onto the team.