"Visit to East Surrey"

About: East Surrey Hospital

The care and attention I received at East Surrey when I attended on Sunday 9th February was excellent I felt everyone cared about me and were most helpful. Similarly when I attended the following day for a CT Scan and to see the doctor in A & E again I had the same care and attention. When I was told a doctor would phone the following day with my results I was a bit sceptical it would happen but at 9 am I had a call from the Consultant with the results of my scan and to tell me he was arranging for me to see a gynaecologist and send a letter to my GP. Everyone seems to want to criticise the Hospital but when they have good treatment never mention it.

Dear Janet Parker,

Best wishes

Ian

Response from East Surrey Hospital

Many thanks for taking the time to post such a positive comment about East Surrey Hospital and the care you received in A&E and X-ray. It was particularly good to read that we kept our promise and got back to you as we said we would. I would also like to comment on your view about everyone criticising the hospital and there being little positive news. Sadly bad news seems to be the thing that most people are interested in, but if you read through most of the stories here on Patient Opinion about the hospital I think you'll see they are very positive. Unfortunately some of them are not so positive and clearly sometimes we don't do as well as we should have. This is one of the reasons that we engage with Patient Opinion as much as we do. We believe that our patients will see how committed we are to giving great care and experience by how we respond when we don't achieve that aim. We think some of the stories on here illustrate that really well and hopefully from that people will see we are a listening and learning Trust. Best wishes Ian Director of Information and Facilities