"Eye clinic"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

I was referred to A&E from Boots optician as I had unknowingly had a contact lens in my eye and was in a lot of discomfort. The outcome was that I had an ulcerated cornea and was treated as an emergency case. An opthalmist was called in on a Saturday evening to look after me and I was very frightened when he wanted to admit me as I needed hourly treatment. I decided not to be admitted because I was too scared and the doctor respected my decision but prescribed me hourly antibiotics and said he wanted to see me the following day. I was required to attend the hospital eye clinic over the following few weeks and received first class treatment. each time. On one occasion when I had a late appointment in the eye clinic which led to me being the last one seen the nurse even offered me a chocolate muffin from the kitchen as I had said I was hungry. The only downside is that parking at the hospital is a nightmare and the appointments do run over be some time but the important thing is that the staff are very friendly and from my own personal experience I felt confident that I was in the best hands.

Response from Cath Marsland, Head of Risk and Patient and Customer Services, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for sharing your experieince and I am glad to see that in the main your experience was positive. I have shared your comments with the team involved.

Unfortunately parking is I agree a challenge at times but I can assure you that the Trust is constantly looking at ways we can reduce this burden on our patients and visitors.

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that your overall experience of Stepping Hill is positive and that you were pleased with your treatment. I will pass on your comments to the appropriate departments. Parking is an issue but I can assure you that the Trust is constantly looking at ways we can improve parking for patients and visitors.