"This is not the first time I have had problems with the transport"

About: South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Patient transport service (PTS)

(as a service user),

Yesterday I had an ambulance to take me to the Bristol Royal Infirmary for a scan at 5: 45pm. This was fine. However, getting back home was an issue, I was told the earliest the ambulance would be able to collect me for the return journey would be 8: 00pm but it turned out that they would not be able to collect me until 11: 00pm.

This was too late for me as I needed to get back home for 9: 00 as this is when my carers would come to help me get to bed. The nurse at the scanning unit arranged for a private taxi for me so that I could get home in time.

Today I had an appointment for physiotherapy at 11: 00 and waited till 10: 30 before I started to make enquiries onto to find that the ambulance would not be able to get to me on time. As the physiotherapist is part time I had to cancel this appointment and will not be seen until after Christmas.

This is not the first time I have had problems with the transport. Sometimes I have to cancel appointments as I cannot get to them on time and at other times they are very late picking me up and bringing me home.

Dear Jinx840

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I am sorry to hear that the service has not met your expectations. We would like to investigate your concerns. In order to do this we will need a little more information from you. Could you please contact our Patient Experience team, at your convenience, on 01392 261585 or email patientexperience@swast.nhs.uk?