"Managing a miscarriage"

About: St Mary's Hospital (Manchester)

I visited St Mary's earlier this week in order to remove a miscarriage. Clearly, this is a horrible thing to have to do, and I was dreading the experience. But it was the best it could have possibly been. There is a lot of waiting around this process before they are ready for you in theatre, but the care and sensitive handling I received along the way by everyone concerned made all the difference to how traumatic I found the process. I especially like the way you are put to sleep in a separate room before you are taken into the main theatre, thus reducing how overwhelming and distressing the experience could be. Thank you.

Response from Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you.

Mrs Pam Kilcoyne, Lead Nurse, Gynaecology Unit, Saint Mary's Hospital.

Response from St Mary's Hospital

I wish to offer my condolences for your loss and would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback at such a difficult time. It was very kind of you to write and compliment the staff as it is good to receive positive feedback which reflects the care you received. We are aware that the length of waiting time for your procedure, on the day, can be difficult and we are currently reviewing how this can be reduced. I can assure you that have passed on your thoughts to the teams involved in your care. Thank you. Mrs Pam Kilcoyne, Lead Nurse, Gynaecology Unit, Saint Mary's Hospital. Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust