"My Colonoscopy 1.45pm Tuesday 11th Feburary 2014"

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

I am writing this because there is so much negativity written about the NHS and their staff today and I am the first to grumble if people treat me badly. I can only say that from the moment I arrived at the Reception area in this Unit the staff were very welcoming and helpful. I was then taken through to a private room by a Nurse who was extremely pleasant and professional. She put me at ease immediately so that if you were worried about anything it would have been easy to have discussed this with her. After asking me questions and asking if there was anything I would like to ask her she continued to explain what would happen next and also explained to me what would happen when I was having this procedure carried out. I then had another Nurse come in to put the Canula in, again a Nurse who was very easy to communicate with. The Endoscopist who carried out the procedure then came in who went through everything with me before I signed the consent form. Again such a Charming and pleasant man. Once in the Theatre I was introduced to everybody including the Nurse and the communication was second to none. The Nurse made me comfortable and very much at ease and when the Surgeon started the procedure he talked to me and explained every step of the way. At no time did I worry as I felt in safe hands. I was then taken into Recovery where again the experience was second to none. I was asked if I would like drink. Last but not least when I was ready to dress I was taken into another room where my cup of tea and biscuits were waiting and another Nurse handed me my Colonoscopy Report and went through this with me. I was also asked if I would like my Husband to come in with me before she went through the report. Also the information which you are sent out beforehand is excellent, it covers absolutely everything that you need to know about this procedure and it does not stop there because a Nurse rings you on the day you start your diet to ensure that you have remembered to start this. There is no need to name anybody because from the date and time I have given you, you will all know who you are and I would like to say a Big Thank You to you all and to say that you are a Wonderful Team. I would recommend the QEQM to anybody.

Thank you so much for providing us with such lovely feedback. We are indeed very proud of our endoscopy team - they really go the extra mile to really make a potentially stressful situation as pleasant as possible for patients. They will really appreciate your feedback and kind words.