"Having a cervical smear procedure "

About: Locala Walk in Centre

I was anxious before the procedure and had delayed going for it as previously it had been quite painful. From the outset I was made to feel very comfortable, firstly by the warm welcome on reception, and then by the nurse undertaking the procedure who was understanding and reassuring. This was the easiest smear test I have ever experienced. It was nothing more than uncomfortable with some slight stinging for a few seconds, and I felt that this was due to the nurse's experience, and also the effort she had gone to to help me relax.

If anyone is worried about have a smear test or putting it off, then I would encourage you to go to this health centre. You will be in safe hands!

Thank you!

Response from Louise Thornton, Customer Engagement Manager , Adults Planned and Health and Wellbeing Business Unit, Locala Community Partnerships

Thank you Cleopatra for taking the time to post on Patient Opinion and thank you for recommending our service. I will pass you comments onto our reception staff and the nurse concerned.

Louise Thornton