"day care unit"

About: Good Hope Hospital

Today I was admitted to hospital (Good Hope) for the first time in my life.(62 years old). I had to have a general aneasthetic for a minor op and biopsies. I was a little apprehensive due to a feeling developed over many years that NHS hospitals are underfunded and therfore can only offer a second class service. However, to my delight and surprise, everything about my experience was five star. Every member of staff, nurses, reception, porters and doctors were caring, courteous and good at their job. The whole building and all facilities were spotlessly clean and I felt that everyone really cared. The department I was in was the Day Case Unit. I would like to thank all staff involved and just say that any anxiety I had about being admitted to hospital has gone, and I am proud of our NHS.

Response from Iona Belgrove, Patient Services Manager, Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Mr Raymond Pugh

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write about your first time admission in hospital. I have forward your feedback to the Managing Director and the Head Nurse of Good Hope Hospital who will share your comments with the team.

Best wishes and a speedy recovery

Response from Good Hope Hospital

Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your feedback and comments on NHS Choices website, this website also feeds into the Patient Opinion website, www.patientopinion.org.uk which is viewed daily by the Trust and a response to your posting will be available here. If you are unable to view the response and would like to discuss further please do not hestitate to contact us (Patient Services on 0121 424 0808) alternatively on www.patientservices@heartofengland.nhs.uk Kind regards Patient Services Department