"Whatever the outcome I feel you would be in safe hands"

About: NHS Grampian / North East Scotland Breast Screening Centre

Having been for my mammogram I received a letter telling me I had been recalled for more detailed examination at Aberdeen Breast Clinic. At 55 and with a mother who had died of Breast cancer at my age you can imagine the anxiety this can cause. However, I was most surprised how quickly I was to be seen.

What I would say is that I was extremely impressed by the care and attention I received at the clinic. It is a credit to Aberdeen that we have such a facility. I was put at ease right away by the surroundings and Staff. Dr Burns and her team are excellent at a time when women are most vulnerable.

Seeing the mammogram images of your breasts can be a bit daunting, especially when you see the one breast that is so different from the other. Luckily for me it turned out to be a fluid filled cyst which was drained there and then.

I can only say to other patients in my situation, please be reassured that any investigation is dealt with in a caring and relaxed setting. Whatever the outcome I feel you would be in safe hands.

Response from Linda Oldroyd, Nurse Consultant Patient Safety and Experience, NHS Grampian

Dear Tilly1

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this very postive feedback. We wish you continued good health. NHS Grampian aims to be a caring, listening, improving organisation and we will be delighted to pass on your feedback to the staff concerned. Thank you again for your kind comments.