"drug/alcohol services"

About: Swanswell Loughborough

(as a service user),

I waited a length to see a GP to discuss relapse prevention medication on attending detox. feel that there should be a "menu" available of all support in your area and who can help positives - keyworker proactive and now attending a group.

Response from Joanne Woods, Director of Eastern Region, Swanswell Loughborough We are preparing to make a change

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that you had to wait a length to talk to a GP to discuss relapse prevention medication. I would like to understand this a bit further so that I can understand whether this is your own GP or a Swanswell Doctor. Either way, I will raise this as an issue at our next Operations Managers meeting to review the process for booking into see our Doctors for relapse prevention medication.

I am really pleased you mention that you would like a 'menu' available outlining what we can offer people. We are actually in the process of designing this so that when someone first comes to see us they are given a leaflet with all of our interventions and support options which we can then tailor to individuals needs. This is something that was discussed with some of our service users so we would really encourage you to get involved in helping us design this. If you or anyone else is interested in getting involved with this please call Richard Maunders or Stuart Haste (Operations Managers) on 0300 303 5000 or talk to your worker about how you can get involved with our service user involvement group.

If you would like to explain to me a bit more about the difficulty you had in seeing a GP for maintenance prescribing, please give me a call on 01788 559400. I want to make sure we are offering an efficient and good quality service so I would welcome this feedback to help us improve.

Joanne Woods - Director of Eastern Region