"Well conducted urological investigation"

About: Royal Berkshire Hospital

Last week I had a set of urological examinations: x-ray, ultrasound and cystoscopy. The traffic into Reading was very heavy and so I arrived about 10 minutes late. Staff are obviously used to that and reassured me that that was OK. After that everything went very smoothly with X-ray followed by ultrasound both conducted with good instructions from the staff especially about where to go next. I was warned that the cystoscopy might sting a bit at first but it was no problem not even uncomfortable. I was immediately reassured that it and the ultrasound had showed nothing abnormal. I was extremely pleased to be given a copy of the report and also detailed instructions on what to do for the next 3 days after the cystoscopy. Staff were always polite and careful and everything appeared to be running very smoothly.

Response from Royal Berkshire Hospital

Thank you for providing such positive feedback with regard to your recent visit to the Urology Department. The team always endeavour to provide the best possible patient experience and will be grateful to hear that your care was managed so well. We appreciate you taking the time and trouble to feedback to us.