"Diagnostic laparoscopy"

About: Princess Royal Hospital (Haywards Heath)

I came into the hospital in mid January. My letter stated that I was to go to Ansty Ward but there was some confusion & I ended up being sent to Hickstead Ward. All but one of the nurses were brilliant in looking after me & I could not have faulted the nursing care I received, particularly as I experienced severe pain after the procedure and the nurse was quick to react & to make sure that I was given strong painkillers as soon as possible & a dr was called to ensure that all the appropriate tests were carried out. I was disappointed not to be allowed home but felt that all my concerns were addressed. My only criticisms was that I did not get to meet the consultant either before or after the procedure. Also, given that I ended up staying over into the weekend, I could have gone home a day earlier but for the fact that both gynaecology & maternity wards share one dr at the weekend & the dr apologised for the fact that she was unable to get to me as the maternity ladies took priority.

Response from Princess Royal Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please contact our PALS Team on 01273 664973 or by email at pals@bsuh.nhs.uk.

Patient Experience Team