"A&E / Psychiatric Liaison"

About: King's Mill Hospital

I had no issues at all with the A&E department itself - the receptionists were all friendly and so were the nurses who were genuinely concerned. The waiting time was about an hour which was really good. It's a shame the psychiatric liaison staff I saw put me off recommending this department to anyone in the same situation. They were rude, dismissive and generally made me feel like I was wasting their time, not to mention that my care plan never happened! Obviously nothing changed and I was still a danger to myself (even more so after how I was treated) so a relative had to take care of me - not good that they had to pick up the slack of the hospital. The staff all contradicted each other and had an answer for every complaint. That is not how a mental health patient should be treated when they're in crisis and have faced immense difficulties forcing themselves to seek help.

Response from King's Mill Hospital

Thank you for letting us know about your experience.We will circulate your feedback to the Accident and Emergency team and to the Nottinghamshire Health Care Trust as the psychiatric come come under their remit.