"Absolutely Diabolical!!"

About: Rotherham Hospital

Was referred to this hospital with severe acne scarring on my face which was causing depression. After waiting 50 minutes I was called in and examined by a woman, while her co-worker sat and stared out the window. I was examined and asked questions about my condition, spoken to like I was stupid ( ''yaaaaaa'' in a monotone voice seemed to be her response to my every concern and question) before being told that although my acne scarring is severe (she actually admitted that it was) she can not offer me treatment on the NHS as she sees it as a cosmetic issue (I'm on anti-depressants). she recommended I see someone private. When I told her this wasn't an option as I couldn't afford it, guess what her response was? that's right ''yaaaaa''.

Response from Kerry Hollingworth, Corporate Affairs Officer, The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust

Dear James, thank you for your feedback via NHS Choices. We were sorry to learn of your poor experience in our clinic and your feedback has been shared with our Lead Nurse for Dermatology, Tara Lees. Tara would be very happy to further discuss your concerns with you personally. If you would be willing to do so, please contact her on telephone 01709 424436.

With best wishes,