"A and E on a Saturday morning"

About: Wexham Park Hospital

I arrived at A and E at 9.10 on Saturday morning (yesterday.) I was seen very quickly, shown to a bed and asked to put on a gown. The area was clean and everything looked new. Someone came round to wipe surfaces while I was there. Several members of medical staff came by most of whom asked me for my dob and if I had any allergies. The staff were very polite, the phlebotomist also polite and cheerful. The two female members of staff I saw were nice but rushed. Once taken through to the next section for a procedure I was treated by the nurse. She took time to comfort and reassure me, which I found quite touching. The doctor (young, female) was also very kind and polite. I was impressed by her manner. I'd like to say thank you to every member of staff I saw. It was reassuring to see such a clean and well run department. I know A and E depts across the NHS are over stretched at the moment, but you wouldn't have known it on Saturday morning. The quality of care was very good! I hope my messages can be passed on.

Response from Wexham Park Hospital

We will ensure your message is shared with the team and we are glad that you took the time to share your experience with us. The service that you received is what we aim to deliver, so it is really pleasing to hear how clean and efficient it was, whilst our polite and cheerful staff provided quality care to you.