"A very personal and caring hospital experience."

About: BMI - Thornbury Hospital (Sheffield)

Recently my daughter had to attend Thornbury for outpatient treatment. We were greeted on arrival by a very pleasant lady who explained where to go . We were greeted again when we arrived at the department waiting area, we were shown where to sit and where to get refreshments, but most helpfully we were given information on how the clinic was running and how long we would have to wait. It was very helpful and helped alleviate some anxiety for my daughter about the appointment. Shortly after a nurse came and told us we were next and the appointment before us was just finishing. She came back to fetch us and stayed with my daughter throughout . The consultant and nurse were excellent ; professional, calm and caring and very informative about the procedure and aftercare at home. Afterwards we were shown back to the waiting area where we were greeted by the lovely admin staff who offered us drinks and told we could stay as long as we needed to. Thornbury you made an anxious time for us much easier, your customer service was excellent it felt like you all really cared and you took the time to show it, thank you. I will definitely recommend .

Response from BMI - Thornbury Hospital

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We are really pleased that your daughter's stay with us was comfortable. We will share your feedback with the whole team, who will be really pleased to hear it.