"I was well cared for but had concerns about agency..."

About: Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital

I had a hysterectomy recently and was very well cared for by the hospital staff - nurses, doctors & health care assistants. I found them without exception to be highly professional and I valued their patience and kindness. However, there were a few agency HCAs who were gossiping, complaining and making some highly inappropriate comments. Similarly, I noticed that cleaning staff also tended to gossip and complain where patients could hear them. I got the impression that the cleaning is outsourced. Despite this, my experience was very positive and I was impressed by the way the staff supported me even after I was discharged. I am leaving this feedback as constructive criticism which I hope might strengthen an already strong team.

Thank you very much for providing us with constructive feedback about your experience. I am glad that generally your time with us was a positive experience. I will raise the issues you have outlined about cleaning staff and agency staff and please accept my apologies for the less than professional approach that we would all want to aspire to. I hope you are recovering well.