"Terrible Parking"

About: North Tyneside General Hospital

(as a service user),

I think that the new parking system at North Tyneside General Hospital is absolutely dreadful. It's bad enough having to pay £1. 20 an hour, without having to sit and wait until (if you're very lucky) a parking space becomes available, all the while having the clock ticking on the time you've been in the hospital grounds.

Try coming to visit a patient or attend an out patient appointment at 2.00 pm! Where have all the parking spaces gone? - largely to staff car parking. Come on North Tyneside, patients and visitors need somewhere to park too - especially when they're being charged by the minute!

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust We are preparing to make a change

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch. I am genuinely sorry that our parking arrangements have left you feeling harrassed and disgruntled. We are aware of the frustrations expressed by patients and visitors - we are listening and actively working to respond to these concerns in the most meaningful way. All feedback allows us to improve the system and make the changes we have to make.

I have forwarded your comments to Owen Cusack who is the senior manager leading the review process. I know he will use this information to inform the work of the group and recommendations for improvement.

With best wishes,