"Women's outpatient experience"

About: University Hospital Of Hartlepool

I've visited this department numerous times over the last few months and was back again yesterday for a Hysteroscopy and Biopsy. The staff are absolutely wonderful and very attentive, they explained everything to me before, during and after the procedure. I felt I could stop the proceedings at anytime and could ask whatever I liked (which I did) and was answered in great detail. After the procedure I was told what had been found and how it was going to be dealt with whilst enjoying a cup of tea and a biscuit. I was seen later than my appointment but fully understand why this can happen as some patients are more anxious and need that extra bit of time so this was not a problem. I would recommend this hospital to anyone and am just sorry I cannot have my surgery there as it is now done at North Tees apparently. I would like to thank all the staff who dealt with me yesterday on what was a very anxious day for me.

Response from University Hospital Of Hartlepool

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on NHS Choices. We’re very proud of our gynaecology services across the whole trust and please be assured we’ll take good care of you wherever you’re treated.