"paramedics were exceptional. very ..."

About: Stafford Hospital

paramedics were exceptional. very professional and on the ball

my mother was seen by an A & E doctor, she had a primary symptom of bowel cancer namely rectal bleeding , and was given buscopan tablets and sent home with no follow up. Before she left the department she bled again and was seen by another doctor again sent home with no follow up. I would like to think in this day and age doctors are educated to recognise potential cancer symptoms and their first action is to investigate. the test for bowel cancer is so simple it would have taken 5 minutes to organise. please do not patronise the elderly and write them off as dead people walking!!!! Plus buscopan prescribed for rectal bleeding I really don't think so.

Please to anyone out there if you have any symptoms that you think may be cancer see your doctor and insist on investigations being carried out.

Response from Stafford Hospital

We are sorry to hear that you felt your mother was not given the appropriate care or respect during her time in A&E. We would very much like to discuss this matter with you further and would respectfully ask that you contact our PALS department as soon as possible in order that we can get more details to investigate further.