"Missed Appointment"

About: Pinderfields General Hospital

Arrived for an 11.25 appointment as an out patient. Sat for 40 minutes and finally asked reception what was happening only to be told that my doctor was running an hour late! No attempt by the reception staff to let patients know about the delay. When I told them I couldn't wait that long all I got was a shrug of the shoulders and asked if I would like to make another appointment. I declined and informed them that if the doctor wanted to see me then he could send out another appointment. I fully understand that doctors can't always run bang on time and some patients will require a little longer my complaint is that we were not informed about any delay just left sitting there. If on arrival the reception desk informed us of a delay then at least we could make arrangements, let family know, go and get a coffee etc. Another, non related point, I'd like to comment on is the fact that as we are constantly informed that obesity, and related illnesses, are costing the NHS millions of pounds a year why is the WH Smith outlet pushing cheap chocolate with every purchase?

Response from Pinderfields General Hospital

We appreciate that waiting can cause frustration and would be happy to look into this experience if the patient would like to contact us directly with the relevant details. With regard to WH Smith, this is a franchise over which the Trust has no direct control.