"I have recently made my first ..."

About: Warrington Hospital

I have recently made my first visit to the hospital since the improvements to the car parking at the rear (visiting the maternity, children's and Croft Wing) and I was very disappointed by the new arrangements.

At first I saw the new double storey car park with plenty of spare spaces and thought very good, but then was confronted with the signs “staff only”.

On looking for a space in the pay and display areas along with several other motorists (not clear where pay & display begins and ends), I finally found one vacant slot. I parked and paid at the machine. On returning to the car with my ticket I noticed that most other cars, including those either side had staff parking permits.

Is it really fair that staff are taking these slots in the pay & display areas, leaving many empty slots in the “staff only” areas?

Response from Warrington Hospital

Thank you for your comments. This was the the first week that our new car park areas opened and the new arrangements were being put into place. Our aim is to use the new capacity (particularly the upper decks of the new car parking which is only accessed by steps) for staff which will free up the pay and display areas close to the main entrances and departments for patients and visitors. Staff have now been told of the new arrangements and will receive warnings if they park in patient only spaces. Now the extra 200 plus spaces are in full use and the new system is in place we hope that you will find the car parking at the site is much improved.